PCS Edventures - Boise - Exports
STEMS the Tide in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math Education
PCS Edventures! (PCS) is a leading provider of experiential K12 education products and services that make learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) more engaging and effective. With international operations in eight countries, PCS enrolled in Idaho’s ExporTech Program, known as Export Excellence, to systematically explore potential markets for export expansion. The program would give PCS the opportunity to examine attractive export opportunities, develop a plan to exploit top opportunities and implement a personalized export action plan.
Robert Grover, President of PCS, met once per month at the Idaho Department of Agriculture for 8 hours of classes and meetings where he received guidance from an Idaho District Export Council Coach and assistance from a Boise State University intern. Between sessions Robert met with his coach & intern to review research, evaluate opportunities and fine tune a personalized export action plan. The PCS team selected South America as a target for export expansion. Though immediate opportunities in India and the Middle East put South American expansion plans on hold, PCS believes it has a solid plan for moving forward once other opportunities are realized.
- Export Excellence helped PCS fine tune its process for developing export opportunities and helped the company forge key relationships with Idaho export experts.
- The company researched and completed an Export Action plan that will guide export efforts in South America.
- PCS created the top Export Action Plan for the 2010 program and was awarded a complimentary Gold Key by the US Commercial Service.
- PCS connected with the Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center (NWTAAC) and earned a matching grant that is being used to improve global competitiveness.
- PCS connected with a local bank that is helping PCS strengthen financing of international sales.
- The Boise office of the US Commercial Service facilitated PCS presentations to educational leaders at the US Embassy in Egypt which resulted in PCS participation in a countrywide experimental school improvement program.
- PCS applied for a State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) grant that provides up to $10K in matching funds for export development activities.
- PCS is making creative use of the EB-5 Visa Program to attract foreign investment that could potentially drive growth in the US and overseas.
- Idaho Department of Commerce officials arranged for PCS to participate in a Chinese education delegation that facilitated connections with the Luwan District of Shanghai.
- Robert Grover, President of PCS International, has become increasingly active in Idaho’s export community by joining the Idaho District Export Council.
- PCS established a relationship with TechHelp and the New Product Development Lab at Boise State, to develop prototypes used in its robotics program.
"Export Excellence gave me the opportunity to develop working relationships with some of the top Export Professionals in Idaho and to fine tune our process for evaluating and developing export opportunities that will guide future export expansion activities of PCS."
Robert Grover, President, COO & CTO
View/Download this story in PDF format.
(To save Right Click link - "Save Target As")