Food & Dairy Services Flyer
Food Safety Blog
Don't trust your food safety program to just anyone. Get peace of mind by calling the "King of Idaho Food Safety", Jeff Kronenberg (below at left) of TechHelp and the University of Idaho. (Read the Idaho Statesman's piece about Jeff here.)
Governments and large food companies worldwide are requiring food processing companies up and down the supply chain to adhere to global food safety standards. To compete globally, Idaho food processors need to follow food safety & processing standards such as one of the Global Food Safety Initiative Schemes or the Food Safety Modernization Act.
TechHelp offers a full suite of services designed to help food processors improve their products, processes and competitiveness. Food Processing Specialist, Jeff Kronenberg, has a thorough knowledge of the specific challenges facing the food processing and distribution industry and can help your company find the solutions it needs.
TechHelp's Food Processing Team includes university faculty and internatinally recognized contracted partners. Together we bring a wide variety of services to the food industry through site visits, needs assessments, on-site project work, on-site training and applied research in university laboratories.
Watch a video about the development of the Artisan and Farmstead Cheese industry in Idaho.
Food processing is big business in Idaho and TechHelp plays a key role in keeping Idaho's industry healthy and growing. TechHelp assists Idaho food processors in a number of ways including:
- Complimentary Food Safety Plant Assessment
- Practical Food Safety and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
- Lean Manufacturing for Food Processors helps food companies reduce waste including work-in-process, floor space utilization, and lead time and improve productivity, customer service, quality, safety and employee retention.
- Lean Manufacturing for Food Processors with Workplace Language Issues does all the above with a workforce that has language and cultural challenges.
- Small Scale Dairy Assistance programs help Idaho dairies create and improve products such as artisan cheese.
- Idea Engineering & Innovation Programs help Idaho food processors develop measurably smarter ideas for new products, markets processes, services and messages that will make them more profitable.
- Quick line change-overs is one key Lean Manufacturing Tool that can benefit food processors.
- Third Party (AIB, ASI, etc.) food safety inspections help food processors meet regulatory requirements.
- Prepare to address regulatory compliance issues with FDA, OSHA, DEQ, or other agencies.
Idaho Food Processing Facts:
- The state of Idaho ranks fourth in the nation in dairy production.
- Southern Idaho's fish farmers, produce 45 million pounds of commercially grown trout per year, about two-thirds of the country's trout production
- Idaho is the 4th largest manufacturer of natural cheese in the U.S. making more than 620 million pounds annually in the state.
- Idaho's dairy industry is the 4th largest manufacturer of American style cheese, producing more than 482 million pounds annually in the state.
- Approximately 40.1 million gallons of Idaho produced milk is processed into fluid milk for drinking.
- Idaho's manufacturing and distribution plants are some of the most modern and efficient in the U. S. with sales estimated at approximately $2.5 billion.
Idaho Dairy Facts 2010: Click Here