Posted by William Mullane | May 6, 2020
TechHelp, as part of the National Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), can assist manufacturers with most business operations and workforce needs including product design & development, food manufacturing & safety, plant operational issues, business continuity, supply chain issues, and supplier scouting/matchmaking.
Please contact your local Manufacturing Specialist if you have any questions or need assistance or click the button below and we will connect you with the right resource.
- May 6 – Idaho Economic Development Association (IEDA) is launching a new Zoom Conference series to help navigate through COVID-19 in our communities. During the first session on Thursday, May 7, participants will brainstorm and learn with other economic developers the best way to help communities and re-open successfully in Phase 2. Register today!
- May 6 – The US government has authorized additional emergency economic relief for small businesses that qualify for the Paycheck Protection Program. Learn more at sba.gov.
- May 5 – TechHelp Food Specialist, Janna Hamlett, sent us a link to some good guidance on how to set up a food manufacturing facility to meet CDC requirements. Though the piece is focused on meat processing there is a good link to creating a risk assessment that any facility could use. Other resources include:
- May 4 – The “New Normal” of social distancing on display below at a Kraft Foods plant in Illinois. Contact TechHelp’s Food Manufacturing Team if you have any questions about food safety or operations.
- May 4 – Gene Hamacher of TechHelp’s Post Falls Office, shared the latest COVID information from the Joint Business Service Providers of North Idaho
- April 30 – Gov. Brad Little plans to distribute $300 million in cash grants to small businesses as the state enters Stage 1 of reopening. More than 30,000 Idaho small businesses to receive Idaho Rebound cash grants, a $300 million investment in Idaho’s small business employers.
- April 30 – FDA guidance for food companies on the use of face masks and cleaning of cloth face masks
Developed in collaboration with CDC, this FDA fact sheet provides a quick reference regarding items worn by workers in the Food and Agriculture Sector.
- April 27 – The Spokesman-Review has an article on how engineers from Continuous Composites of Coeur d’Alene, ID are teaming up with Altek of Liberty Lake, WA to turn their expertise of making high-strength aircraft components into reusable N95 masks that could help ease the shortage of protective equipment.
- April 24 – Idaho announces a plan for reopening the economy.
Governor Brad Little has established a data-driven approach to opening up Idaho’s economy.