Posted by William Mullane | February 23, 2017
5 Sep 2018 - 09: am to 5 Sep 2018 - 01: pm
You are invited to join TechHelp, Intel, and NexCOBOT for a workshop at Boise State University that will focus on the current and future state of robotics, artificial intelligence (AI), and automation in Idaho. Attendees will be invited to learn from industry leaders and to discuss how we can build an environment that supports the growth of these important technologies in Idaho.
- Wednesday, September 5, 2018, from 9 am – 1 pm followed by optional robotics activities
- Lookout Room in the Boise State Student Union Building (SUB) at 1700 University Drive
- Free event includes snacks, beverages, and lunch
- Free Parking in the Lincoln Avenue Garage across the street from the SUB
- Download Event Flyer
- For more info call Jennifer at 208.426.3767 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NexCOBOT recently helped create the new Robot Control Lab at the Boise State College of Engineering. The lab houses four NexCOBOT robots used by Professor Aykut Satici in his robotics curriculum. The new lab caught the attention of Intel, a company that has worked with NexCOBOT to integrate AI technology into robots in smart manufacturing environments.
The event will feature state-of-the-art robotics, AI solutions, and new programs at Boise State’s College of Engineering including a robotics curriculum for students and industry. The event will include hands-on demonstrations of highly scalable robotics technology for industry and education.
- Learn how COBOTS (Open-source controlled robots) can boost productivity, increase quality, and improve employee morale by taking on repetitive boring tasks.
- Discover ways to engage with this technology by understanding the benefits, the business case, and the roadmap for incorporating cobots into industrial operations.
- Industry experts will explain the latest trends in Artificial Intelligence/Internet of Things (AIoT) markets and technology. During lunch, attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and offer ideas about creating a robust Robotics/AIoT ecosystem in Idaho.
All events will take place in the Lookout Room on the 3rd Floor of the Boise State Student Union Building at 1700 University Drive.
|9:00 – 9:30||Registration & Welcome|
|9:30–9:45||NexCOBOT Market Trends and Strategy Application||Jenny Shern
General Manager, NexCOBOT
|9:45–10:00||The Future of Manufacturing is Now||Chetan Gadgil, Director,
Intel IoT Channels & Ecosystem
|10:00–10:15||The Idaho Robotics/Automation/AIoT Ecosystem, Manufacturing Market Trends||Steve Hatten,
Executive Director of TechHelp
|10:15–10:30||Coffee & Tea Break|
|10:30-10:50||Industry Internet of Things (IoT) Connectivity||Bob Chen,
Vice President, NEXCOM
|10:50–11:10||NexCOBOT Technology & Solutions||Weihan Wang
Robotic Product Manager, NexCOBOT
|11:10–11:40||Intel Industrial Technology & Solutions||Jeffrey Jackson
Sr. Principal Engineer & Technical Solution Specialist,
Industrial IoT Sales Group
|11:40–12:00||Boise State Robotics Curriculum Introduction||Professor Aykut Satici, Boise State College of Engineering|
|12:00-1:00||Lunch – Audience & Presenters Discuss Current & Future Robotics/AIoT Ecosystem in Idaho||Facilitated by Steve Hatten|
|1:00-2:00||Stick Around for Hands-On AI Robotics Demonstrations||Intel, NexCOBOT & Boise State|