Posted by William Mullane | November 7, 2019
Below is the most current list of food manufacturing workshops, webinars, and events offered by TechHelp and our partners in the Tri-State MEP Initiative area of Washington, Montana, and Idaho.
- Intro to HACCP & Food Safety – Online & In-person with Janna and CSI in Twin Falls, ID
October 19, 9am – 5pm MDT
Janna does a wonderful job of delivering our classic HACCP course. The Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system is a logical, scientific approach to controlling hazards in food production and is a preventive system assuring the safe production of food products.
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) with Janna and CSI – October 20-21, 9 am – 5 pm MDT – Live Online OR at the College of Southern Idaho Applied Technology and Innovation Center in Twin Falls.
Get introduced to the SQF system and prepare to take the SQF Practitioner exam.
- Meet Your Idaho Food Regulators– FREE WEBINAR – October 14 from 2-3 pm MDT
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet and question your Idaho Food Regulators. Learn what they look for and the common violations they encounter in Idaho food production facilities.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) IHA Certified 8-hour Online Course – Online – November 4, 9 am – 5 pm MDT
HACCP is an internationally recognized method of identifying and managing food safety-related risk and, when central to an active food safety program, can provide your customers, the public, and regulatory agencies assurance that a food safety program is well managed. Participants will receive an International HACCP Alliance seal and certificate.
- Leadership – FREE WEBINAR – “Leading Transitions: Helping Others Through Change” on November 10, from 2 pm – 3 pm MDT
Food Manufacturing Specialist, Catherine Cantley, of TechHelp and the University of Idaho, will host this free webinar on leadership featuring Ryck Tanner, Global Director, Leadership and Development at The J. R. Simplot Company.
- Internal Auditing – Online – December 1-2, 8am – 12pm MDT
Internal Audits are a requirement of all GFSI approved certification schemes (e.g. SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, etc.) and many 3rd party audit programs. Internal audits allow you to audit your facility for gaps and compliance. They are an important tool in the on-going food safety toolbox for any food manufacturer, packager, and warehouse and distribution company.
- FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI)
January 26-28 – May do onsite if possible.
This FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by the FDA. This course covers regulation Title 21 CFR 117 – Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food.