Posted by William Mullane | July 22, 2014
Though TechHelp is not an employment service, we occasionally post jobs on behalf of Idaho manufacturers that are looking for help. We recommend that companies and employment seekers work closely with their local Idaho Department of Labor Office to list and find positions.
If you would also like to post a position with TechHelp, please contact Bill Mullane at email@example.com or call 208.426.2266.
The following organizations regularly post positions with TechHelp. Click a company tab below to learn more.
FAMCO is a family-owned business headquartered in Meridian, Idaho. Established in 1989, FAMCO has used LEAN Manufacturing practices to become one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier manufacturers of quality HVAC and Roofing products. Learn more at https://www.famcomfg.com/
Twin Falls, Idaho
After moving to New York from his native Turkey, Chobani’s founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious and widely available as it was back home. He believed everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural and accessible Greek yogurt right here in the United States.
“Better food for more people.” It’s a simple precept, but one that drives Chobani forward every day. From that first revived yogurt factory in New Berlin, New York, to a gleaming state-of-the-art facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, to an international foothold in Dandenong, Australia and beyond – in the few short years since its debut, Chobani has climbed to the top of the yogurt category and turned Greek yogurt into a household staple.
With a growing team of thousands, Chobani strives to stay true to and honor Hamdi’s vision and goals for our company: To develop and foster meaningful relationships with those around us, to give back to our local and global communities, and to create one perfect cup of yogurt at a time. As a company, we’re proud to offer careers with limitless opportunities. We look for only the most passionate and hard-working people who will share this vision and help our rapidly growing company reach the next level. Chobani gives us all the chance to make a difference.
Visit www.chobani.com or call 607.337.1246
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
We, a team of inspired people, create our future through innovation with integrity, passion, and excellence. We create solutions and opportunities to enrich the lives of our customers, Rekluse team, shareholders, partners and the communities in which we live. Together, we are more than we could be alone.
To view current openings, visit www.rekluse.com/careers
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy.
The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**
• Select Job Search
• Select Current Opportunities
• Select All Open Positions
Twin Falls, ID
Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and his wife, Kit Crawford, continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee-owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy, and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
In April 2015 Clif Bar broke ground to build our new commercial bakery, Clif Bar Baking Company of Twin Falls. We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food and envision an innovative environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
• Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
• Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits.
• Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make the highest quality bars at a different kind of bakery, with great people who are making great food to FEED YOUR ADVENTURE.
This is an exciting new step for Clif Bar. Let it be an exciting new step for you too!
To view job descriptions and apply, please visit http://www.clifbar.com/careers.
Pro Moto Billet delivers to the world high-performance and cutting-edge products created with American pride. The company demonstrates a new definition of corporate responsibility. Pro Moto Billet leads with ethical and innovative business practices which impact their team, economics, the environment, society, education and humanity. Position Responsibilities and Objectives: Work at an internationally growing company as part of a dedicated team, and in partnership with the President. The Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of Pro Moto Billet operations. This includes the manufacturing facility, engineering, quality, inventory, product planning, purchasing, assembly, packaging, shipping, and personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for all relevant interfaces with IT, R&D, sales and marketing.
To view current openings, visit ProMoto Billet
11461 Lone Star Rd. Nampa, Idaho 83651• PH: 208-466-4762 FAX: 208-465-0209
Mountain Home, ID
In the Ditch Towing Products, the world’s leading manufacturer of custom tow truck and garage accessories has opened a new facility and is seeking passionate, energetic people to join the team. Rapid growth is forcing ITD to fill new positions and expand staff. If you dream of working in an environment where your ideas can be turned into a reality, this may be the place for you. ITD products have been featured in numerous magazines, won top industry awards, and been featured on programs such as Stacey David’s Gears, and the Speed Channel.
TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists provide information and technical/professional assistance that helps Idaho manufacturers, processors, and entrepreneurs accelerate growth and profitability through continuous product and process innovation. As Idaho’s affiliate of the National Institute of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST MEP), TechHelp gives Idaho companies access to the knowledge and expertise of a national network of 1,500 manufacturing experts at 60 Centers. As Idaho’s Economic Development Administration University Center, TechHelp is tasked with leveraging university resources to create growth and jobs in rural and economically distressed areas of Idaho.
The TechHelp New Product Development Team at Boise State is seeking a full-time New Product Development Specialist.
See the official position description and application here.
The NPD Specialist is responsible for business development, engineering student mentoring, client consulting, and project management on manufacturing and entrepreneurial company projects. This position will cultivate a talent pipeline to provide consumer product development technical assistance and training to improve client products and grow profits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development, Marketing, and Sales of Services to Local Manufacturers and Entrepreneurs
- Represent TechHelp and Boise State University in public forums with the purpose of networking, learning, and informing potential clients of NPD service capabilities.
- Privately contact and inform company decision makers of services, capabilities, and programs.
- Visit small manufacturing companies, start-ups, and entrepreneurs to talk with decision-makers, tour facilities, assess needs, and determine interest in programs.
- Conduct and report company needs assessments.
- Prepare project proposals responsive to client needs.
- Vet and maintain relationships with third-party delivery resources for proposed projects.
For Fee Client Technical Assistance and Training to Idaho Manufacturers
- Lead and support delivery resources to execute on design and prototype projects, emphasizing student and client company talent mentoring specific to design engineering and product development.
- Build and maintain a network of partner companies committed to an engineering/design talent pipeline.
- Mentor and supervise students in engineering design, prototyping, and client project management activities.
- Embed students at client companies on design projects to hone their skills, to provide hands-on experiential learning, and to add engineering and design capacity to projects.
- Plan, execute, and support advanced manufacturing and NPD educational events relevant to manufacturers.
- Effectively manage project scopes, budgets, and timelines.
- Report regularly on company contacts, projects, events, and project results and impacts.
Miscellaneous TechHelp Activities
- Hire, train, and develop student product design staff of the NPD Lab.
- Develop and maintain proficiency with best-practice technology and methodology related to new product development.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key individuals in complementary public and private organizations in the region and nationally.
- Develop a statewide product development service offering by networking and engaging with regional product development consultants and resources.
- Be a resource as appropriate for team activities conducted by the organization, participate in the development of the organization, and complete other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of technical experience in a mechanical or product engineering role
- 8+ years of experience working with manufacturing companies
- Master of Science in Engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in product development in a manufacturing environment
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience leading and implementing consumer product development projects
- Experience managing product development teams and projects
- Consultancy skills: interpersonal relations, negotiations, client relationship management, and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills: proficient with SolidWorks, Google-suite, database management, and engineering analysis programs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to mentor staff, build relationships, and delegate effectively
- Experience conducting training in product engineering and advanced manufacturing topics
Salary and benefits: Salary range $77,300 to $88,800, DOE, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees, for more information visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/ .
Required Application Materials: Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position. Attach a resume (or CV for Faculty positions) that includes employment history (including dates of employment).
See the official position description and application here.
Closing Date: The deadline for applications is May 9, 2019 11:59 pm MST
About the Boise: https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/
In 1960 the Burley plant roared to life providing business to local commerce, contracts for local farmers, and jobs to 300 people. At the time, the plant cost just over $2 million dollars to construct. Fast forward almost sixty years and the McCain Foods Burley plant is still a major center of commerce in the Mini-Cassia area, employing 550 employees, contracting locally with farmers and other businesses for potatoes, materials, and services, and actively supporting the community as a leading business partner in the Mini-Cassia area. The McCain Foods Burley Plant has a great history in the Mini-Cassia area, but the future looks just as bright. McCain Foods is investing in a large expansion that will cost more than $200 million and will require the addition of up to 180 employees.