Posted by William Mullane | June 16, 2015
Hit the “I’m Interested” Button to Request a Course in Your Area.
Click the button below to let us know you would like us to host a future LSS GB Course in your geographic area or at your company.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a well-known approach for achieving operational excellence that does more than simply improve production processes. LSS combines the process improvement benefits of Lean with the statistical process control (SPC) benefits of Six Sigma. It takes advantage of the “value-added” focus of Lean while maintaining the statistical rigors of Six Sigma. TechHelp regularly schedules Public LSS Green Belt (LSSGB) Workshop series throughout Idaho. Each series includes four full-day training sessions with three weeks between sessions for participants to complete project work that is a key part of the LSSGB program.
About the Course
- Participants will learn the principles of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma using the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control process.
- Experienced Lean Six Sigma practitioners teach the classes and support participants in their project work.
- Course material, simulations, and exercises will be relevant to the regional industry.
- LSS project work will allow the participant to apply class learning to an actual project in their organization.
- Successful participants will receive a completion certificate from an Idaho University.
- Class size of 15 – 20 (max) ensures quality class time and project supervision.
- Course Fee: $1250 /person covers all sessions, training materials, project support, venues & food. There is a 10% discount for two or more people registering from the same company. ASQ members receive a 10% discount. Scholarships from the USDA are available for small rural companies.
- Private in-house training can be scheduled at any time. Contact us for availability.
- Information/Registration: Contact Gregg Lynde at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-426-3852 to request a course in your area or company or hit the “I’m Interested” button below.
- Frequently Asked Questions?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Curriculum
- LSSGB Day 1 Class Session: “Define” Phase – Introduction to Lean, Six Sigma & Lean Six Sigma concepts. How to kick off your project with effective Problem Statements, a SIPOC map, Voice of the Customer, Charters, and data collection tips.
- LSSGB Day 2 Class Session: “Measure” Phase – How to measure process performance and determine two important aspects of any process, capability, and stability. An introduction to Standard Deviation, using histograms with upper and lower spec limits, using Control Charts and understand Common vs Special cause variation in a process. The course uses QI macros software (an Excel add-on) to make this all easy.
- LSSGB Day 3 Class Session: “Analyze” Phase – Discuss problem-solving and root cause analysis experience and give feedback and advice on alternative methods. Discuss common problems that are often encountered when collecting and analyzing data; and provide methods to avoid or minimize these problems. Introduction to basic statistical analysis tools, scatter plots and hypothesis testing, and in-class exercises to practice using these tools on sample data.
- LSSGB Day 4 Session: “Improve/Control” Phase – How to plan and implement successful Improvement events (Kaizen). Revisit the House of Lean, review the Lean tools – 5S, Visual Workplace, Standard Work, Kanbans and Two Bin Systems, Quality at the Source and Mistake Proofing. How to sustain the improvements made with effective Leadership practices and statistical tools. How Teams work. Students will present where they are at on their project and their next steps to complete their project. Finally, there will be a course evaluation and then certificates will be provided for completed class & project work.
ROI for Individual and Company
Real world project work is a vital part of the LSSGB program. Listed below are some typical improvements generated by LSS projects.
The course instructors have been successfully teaching and implementing Lean Six Sigma techniques for decades. They have experience in numerous industries and have worked with large and small companies.
Our OE LSS Support Partners
TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists provide information and technical/professional assistance that helps Idaho manufacturers, processors, and inventors accelerate growth and profitability through continuous product and process innovation.