- Need help creating a shelf life program?
- Could you use a small consumer test to determine which are the “critical to quality” attributes of your product portfolio?
- Could you use a little assistance in creating online training modules or setting up a “train the trainer” culture in your facility?
- Do you have an operation that you’d like to increase your throughput or yield on?
- Is it time to bolster your food safety program?
TechHelp’s Idaho-based Food Manufacturing Team, led by Catherine Cantley and Janna Hamlett includes university faculty, agricultural extension resources, and internationally recognized contracted partners. Together we bring a broad range of services to the food industry through site visits, needs assessments, on-site project work, on-site training, and public courses. TechHelp offers a wide range of services that can help you grow revenues, improve productivity & performance, and strengthen your global competitiveness. Contact TechHelp today to schedule a free assessment.
Regulators, retailers, and industrial customers require food and dairy processors to adhere to stringent rules or global food safety standards that protect consumers. TechHelp offers a full suite of services and courses that help processors learn about, get certified in, and implement modern food safety standards that improve products, processes, and competitiveness. In 2018, TechHelp joined its sister MEP Centers in Washington and Montana to create a tri-state food safety partnership focused on sharing knowledge and resources. The multi-state initiative is led by Food Safety Project Manager, Jolene Cram, who is based with TechHelp at Boise State University.
Food Safety News Updates
- More pig ear pet treats recalled because of Salmonella
- FDA alerts public about Listeria, Salmonella in some raw pet food
- FDA begins posting additional information about antibiotics for animals
- Lennox expands recall of pet treats; dozens of new human illnesses reported
- Cargill recalls feed for excessive aflatoxins; handlers at risk of liver damage
- New York steps ahead of Hawaii on agricultural pesticide chlorpyrifos
- JBS knowingly distributed products containing euthanasia drug
- Hill’s expands pet food recall in U.S. and Canada because of excess Vitamin D
Our Services & Training:
We work with you to identify improvement opportunities and work with your team to implement solutions within your organization. Our public and private workshops are designed to teach you how to lead improvements that drive positive Return On Investment (ROI).
Why Do Companies Work with TechHelp?
Expertise Our team of manufacturing specialists has 175 combined years of hands-on manufacturing experience and 100+ combined years of advanced training in manufacturing disciplines. Proximity Working from university-based offices in Boise, Pocatello, Twin Falls, and Post Falls, our specialists are your neighbors. We were here yesterday, and we’ll be here tomorrow. Value Companies save money by hiring our specialists as needed and discover that the benefits of our services quickly outweigh the costs. Connections
- Idaho Connections – We have connections with many Idaho resources.
- University Connections – TechHelp is a partnership of Idaho’s three state universities and provides services statewide.
- National Connections – TechHelp is the Idaho affiliate of the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership national network.
- Our work begins with a visit to learn about and assess your operations.
- We follow up with recommendations for high-value improvements.
- We develop a scope of work that includes a timeline, budget, and deliverables customized to your unique needs.
- We meet regularly with your leadership team to advance the project and make adjustments as needed.
- As your local trusted advisors, we are available for ongoing assistance, coaching, and improvement support.
Our Results Include:
- Excellent audit scores
- Increased sales
- Improved quality and product safety
- Employee retention
- Revenue growth
- Regulatory compliance – FSMA Rules