Looking for grant funding to assist with international expansion?
Idaho Commerce anticipates the next round of the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) Grant funding will be awarded to states late this summer or early fall. The STEP program makes funds available to qualifying Idaho companies for international marketing campaigns to export their products.
Commerce’s goal is to open the Grant application process on August 6, 2018 for eligible projects occurring between September 30, 2018, and September 29, 2020. This longer, 2-year project period is new to the program and allows companies to plan their marketing calendars further out. It allows for a longer and more accurate results reporting period!
APPLICATION DUE BY:
3:00 p.m. MDT Friday, August 24, 2018
~ Financial Assistance Awards ~
~ Power-GEN ~
~ Avalon Airshow ~
Three options to take advantage of STEP funds…
Visit the Idaho Commerce website for complete program guidelines!
OPTION # 1
Financial Assistance Awards:
- Individual awards ranging between $2,000 minimum up to $10,000 maximum are available for your own eligible activity falling between September 30, 2018 and September 29, 2020
- Eligible activities for Financial Assistance Awards include:
- Governor’s or Foreign Trade Missions
- Foreign Market Sales Trips
- Services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- International Trade Shows
OPTION # 2
State-Led Industry Trade Shows:
- Energy: Power-GEN – Orlando, Florida – December 4-6, 2018
- Aerospace: Avalon Airshow – Geelong, Australia – February 26 – March 1, 2019
- Safety & Security: Expo Seguridad – Mexico City, Mexico – May 7-9, 2019
- Energy: Power-GEN – New Orleans, Louisiana – November 19-21, 2019
- Safety & Security: Milipol – Paris, France – November 19-22, 2019
- Aerospace: Singapore Air Show – Ghangi Airport, Singapore – February 11-14, 2020
- Advanced Manufacturing: Hannover Messe – Hannover, Germany – April 1-5, 2020
OPTION # 3
State-Led Industry Trade Missions:
- Large Equipment Trade Mission to Peru & Chile – Spring 2019
- Medical Equipment Trade Mission to the UAE – Summer 2019
Things you can do now:
- Send an email now to Tina Salisbury, STEP Grant Project Director:
- Receive an example copy of the questions you will see in the application in the online portal system so you can get a bit of a head start.
- Assistance determining eligibility under SBA requirements
- Get introduced to your industry’s International Trade Specialist at Idaho Department of Commerce or the Idaho State Department of Agriculture. They are here to help you and can be a valuable resource during the application process including tips before you upload your submission (time permitting)
- New portal account set-up (only available Monday-Friday, minimum of 48 hours prior to the application due date). Applications are only accepted online at Idaho Commerce’s Grant Portal
- Subscribe to the Commerce newsletter to receive announcements via email.
- Start thinking ahead about potential projects for which you would like to apply for a Financial Assistance Award in Option #1 and review guidelines
- Research the trade shows in Option #2 to see if any are a good fit for your company
- On the STEP webpage, review helpful links/docs and required SBA documents
- Watch the “STEP Best Practices” Webinar – COMING SOON
REMINDER: All options are contingent upon receipt of the 2018 award from the SBA.