Posted by William Mullane | October 8, 2019
The Idaho District Export Council is partnering with CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) for a 2-hour seminar covering Tax Incentives and Opportunities in a Global Economy. The event will take place on Tuesday, October 29 at Holland and Hart in Boise.
Event Topics Include:
- An overview of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act which brought substantial changes to international reporting and income recognition.
- An overview of the IC-DISC (Interest-Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation) and FDII (Foreign Derived Intangible Income) deduction, R&D Tax Credit and WOTC (Work Opportunity Tax Credit).
- Compliance and reporting requirements when businesses are making cross border expansions.
- A panel discussion led by Business Attraction Specialist, Susie Davidson, of the Idaho Department of Commerce will discuss Idaho business incentives.
The seminar will also cover cybercrime. Any organization that stores personal financial information on a network or conducts online cash management is a potential target. Ransomware can cripple entire networks. Payment fraud that targets wire transfers, automatic clearing house payments, and credit cards is increasing at an alarming rate. This part of the seminar will describe the threat landscape, discuss regulatory efforts to address the threat, and provide insight on how business leaders can effectively address this emerging threat.
- The event runs from 9-11 am on Tuesday, October 29.
- Location is Holland & Hart at 800 W Main, Suite 1750.
- The registration fee of $50 includes lite beverages and snacks.
- Online registration is open.
- Please contact Amy Benson if you have any questions: Amy.Benson@trade.gov or 208-364-7791
Event Presenters Include:
|Emma Zhou, CPA|
CLA LLP – Principal
|Daniel J. Neumeyer, JD|
CLA LLP – Associate Bellevue, WA
|Mark A. Eich, CPA, CISA, GCSL|
CLA LLP – Principal Minneapolis, MN
|Susie Davidson, Manager of Business Attraction|
Idaho Department of Commerce in Boise
CLA exists to create opportunities for its clients, its people, and its communities through industry-focused wealth advisory, outsourcing, audit, tax, and consulting services. With more than 6,100 people, 120 U.S. locations and a global affiliation, CLA promises to know you and help you.