TechHelp, as part of the National Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), can assist manufacturers with most business operations and workforce needs including product design & development, food manufacturing & safety, plant operational issues, business continuity, supply chain issues, and supplier scouting/matchmaking. Please contact your local Manufacturing Specialist if you have any questions or need assistance or click the button below and we will connect you with the right resource.
- April 9 – Your Brain on Stress and COVID-19 brought to by the Boise State Center for Professional Development.
Carol Barkes is a best -selling author, neuroscience-based conflict resolution and communication thought leader and an instructor at the Boise State Center for Professional Development. This topic and other forthcoming are intended to provide you with the tools and skills that will strengthen our ability to meet challenges together and accelerate out of the curve as soon as possible. #boisestate #cpd #accelerateoutofthecurve
- April 9 – Idaho’s Congressman Simpson Urges Support for Farmers During COVID-19 Pandemic
Congressman Mike Simpson joined 66 of his colleagues in sending a letter Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue, requesting relief for farmers and ranchers who have lost markets due to COVID-19. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act included $9.5 billion for USDA to assist farmers and ranchers.
- April 9 – Idaho Makers for Equity has pivoted to respond to Idaho’s urgent public health need due to the COVID-19 crisis. Announcing the #IdahoMakersUnite project! Be part of an army of Idaho Makers providing solutions to keep those on the front lines of care safe and healthy!
- April 9 – CLIF BARS is donating 3 million bars to help sustain health-care workers around the world. They’re made in bakeries in Twin Falls, Idaho and Indianapolis, Indiana and being delivered to hospitals and health-care facilities in need. CLIFF BAR thanks everyone who is working hard to #feedthefight.
- April 8 – I90 Corridor Aerospace Corridor Conference & Expo Rescheduled for November 2-3, 2020 in Spokane, WA. Let’s keep our fingers crossed that we’ll see everyone in Spokane this fall.
- April 7 – In the Ditch Towing is Manufacturing Face Shields
In an effort to help in the PPE shortage, In the Ditch Towing in manufacturing face shields of their own design. The face shield portion is replaceable in about 20 seconds. These shields are made from a plastic that can be cut with scissors to adjust the length. In the Ditch is producing about 50 per day. The design is available for free to anyone that wants it. For more information click here.
- April 7 – Slant 3D is Printing 1000 Face Shields per Day for Hospitals – Slant 3D is working to maximize the production of 3D printed face shields to meet the need created by the spread of COVID-19. This design is optimized to be highly manufacturable. Slant 3D is currently producing 1,000 units per day with the intent to scale up to 2,000 per day. Nearly 100 3D printers are creating face shields and other PPE for the healthcare systems in Idaho and other hospitals across the country.
- Please click here if you have a need for other PPE as well.