TechHelp, as part of the National Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP), can assist manufacturers with most business operations and workforce needs including product design & development, food manufacturing & safety, plant operational issues, business continuity, supply chain issues, and supplier scouting/matchmaking.
Please contact your local Manufacturing Specialist if you have any questions or need assistance or click the button below and we will connect you with the right resource.
- April 14 – Idaho Commerce reports that Idaho lenders, in partnership with the SBA, are now accepting Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) applications. The PPP is a loan through the CARES Act designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. Business owners MUST apply for the PPP through their financial institution. The most up-to-date list of participating lenders can be found on the SBA Boise District Office website.
- April 14 – The Idaho Business Review reports that Crush the Curve Idaho is bringing businesses together to test workers for COVID-19. The group has a plan to test all of Idaho’s essential workers to avoid inadvertently spreading COVID-19 from essential workers to others and get all Idahoans back to work.
- Labor Department Releases Timeline for Implementing CARES Act Programs
Idahoans currently receiving unemployment insurance benefits could start seeing the additional $600 federal benefit authorized by Congress under the CARES Act by the end of April. Answers to FAQs about COVID-19 and applying for unemployment insurance can be found here.
- April 13 – Paul Edwards of Compressed Air Consultants will offer a webinar on how to perform “Remote Energy Performance Analysis of Compressed Air Systems”. The webinar takes place on April 16th from 12:00 – 1:00 pm MDT.
For many energy managers, the pandemic means working from home while trying to maintain a focus on energy efficiency. Paul will share what he is learning from the process of monitoring energy systems from an offsite location. Paul estimates that 40-70% of the kWh savings found in a compressed air audit can still be found without setting foot on-site.
- April 13 – The Idaho Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers webinars, information, and consulting services to help Idaho businesses weather the COVID storm. Information is changing fast and SBDC offices statewide are working with subject matter experts to deliver the most current information and business assistance options. Click here to learn about upcoming Webinar topics that could help your business through this difficult time.
- April 10 – Idaho PPE Exchange (IPX) is a non-profit exchange that quickly connects suppliers and buyers of Personal Protective Equipment or PPE. The IPX seeks to assist Idaho buyers in locating potential sources of scarce but critical supplies. The IPX hopes that buyers will find sellers close to their operations to shorten the supply chain. The IPX has no financial interest in any suppliers/buyers. The IPX earns no revenue from the site or any transactions that occur as a result of the site.